ARC OFFERS BUILDER FRIENDLY FRAME PACKAGES OF STANDARD MODELS AT SURPRISINGLY LOW COST!
The cost and availability of timber is unpredictable because of increased land values and sustainability issues. In contrast, the cost of steel has remained stable for years and has recently decreased in price. Meanwhile, the steel industry continues to research and find more ways to use less energy during steel production.
OFFER MORE FOR LESS
A steel structure will afford the highest level of safety in extreme weather situations and will outlast any wood-frame home. Complicated designs such as cupolas, that would cost much more when fabricated in wood, take less time and materials with steel and therefore it is less costly to incorporate interesting details.
ARC Steel Frame Homes are designed and constructed with modular planning. Many of the parts are pre-fabricated and then assembled on-site. With this system, completing the job takes less time, and therefore is cost-efficient for both the builder and the buyer. Modular designs offer another big plus. Every home, although primarily constructed from similar elements, can be customized inside and out and still be cost-efficient.
ABILITY TO CHANGE & REMODEL
Because a structure built with steel beams is anchored with screws rather than nails, in the event of a remodel, a module (or section) can be disconnected and re-positioned without damage to the basic structure. It is possible to re-position or add an entire section; even raise a roof to add a second floor, at a much lower cost than tearing down and rebuilding a wood frame home.
EASE OF SITE PREPARATION
Because ARC uses a unique concrete footer system, the home elevation is adjustable and no land fill is needed. The result is minimal clearing of trees and potentially great cost savings.
ACCEPTANCE AND — USE
Florida, California and Hawaii are states regularly subjected to hurricanes, earthquakes, termite infestations and mold, and were among the first to acknowledge the many benefits of steel framing. It is now obvious that steel, long recognized as the standard for commercial structures, is equally beneficial as a residential material.
STEEL FRAME PACKAGE
- Full detailed architectural plans engineered for 140 mph winds
- Plans indicating numbered prefabricated steel elements with directions on how to assemble
- Bell footer forms
- 12” sauna tube pier form
- 12” 18ga.steel girders
- 10” 18ga.steel floor joist
- Simpson HD 8 connector
- 3 5/8” 18ga. Steel preassembled interior and exterior walls
- 6” 18ga. box tie beam
- 18ga. hurricane strapping at 24” on center top and bottom
- 8” 18ga. rafter precut with 2’ exposed southern yellow pine soffit
- 16” 18ga. ridge beam
- 3 5/8” 18ga. collar ties at 4’ o.c.
- 10” 18ga. beams
- 18ga. hurricane strapping at 24” o.c. bottom
- 18ga. hurricane “L” clip top
- 2 boxes 8,000 pc. ¾” #10 modified truss screws
- 2 boxes 4,000 pc.1 ½ #8 ply metal sheathing screw
- 3 5/8”stud and track temporary wall bracing
Tools required by builder: (if erection is not provided by A.R.C.)
- 4- Makita impact screw guns
- 2- Makita grinders
- 10- 1/8” Dewalt xp 4 ¼” grinder blades
- 24- #2 Dewalt impact bits
- 8-Irwin 4” and 2” vise grip clamps
- 1-6’ magnetic level
- 1-3’ magnetic level
- 4- 8” magnetic level